Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Croods

I LOVE SUMMER VACATION!!!! Seriously, not having to get up quite so early (though Daphne still likes to be up around 730-800) and being able to do whatever we want, whenever we want. It's fantastic!

First of all, I would like to give a shout out to all veterans! Thank you for your service, past and present. And, to those that lost their lives, thank you for your sacrifice. Happy Memorial Day. 
So, yesterday, on Memorial Day, I took the trio to see The Croods. We went with family friends (Charly's bestie, bestie's Mom...my friend, and bestie's brother...Kenna's friend). It made the movie trip so much more enjoyable. :) Anyhow, we got a HUGE popcorn and soda, both of which come with free refills. I broke out the paper bags, and everyone got their own bag of popcorn, and we brought color coded straws, so we could share the drink. :) Yes, we like to do things as inexpensively as possible. When raising three girls, now is the time to be saving. All the kiddos (and the Moms) enjoyed the movie. There were lots of giggles and some more serious parts, but it was definitely a hit. Daphne, my crazy baby that doesn't like to watch TV, even sat on my lap and squealed with delight, when everyone would laugh. There was a baby behind us that kept crying, and sometimes that consumed Daphne's attention, but then baby would stop and she'd go back to enjoying the movie. :) I'm glad she wasn't running through the aisles like I had expected!

So, if you haven't already...check out The Croods.


No comments:

Post a Comment