Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rough couple of days...

I have a couple good updates, but man, I am exhausted, so tonight it's a short and sweet update!

My sweet Daphne is now four months old. She is an amazing sleeper. I usually put her down for bed between 8-9pm. And, she'll sleep all night. If Charly has school, I'll wake her up at 740a, to get her loaded in the car, so Charly can get to school by 8am. Then, she'll fall back asleep in the car, and sleep until 9 or so. If Charly does not have school, Daphne will usually wake up at 6 or 7a, have breakfast, and back to snoozing. She is by far my easiest baby. I think of it as my reward for surviving Kenna as a baby. :) Kenna was often up multiple times during the night, until about 16 months. Charly was another easy baby (sleeping through the night at 5 weeks), but was awake A LOT during the day.
Anyhow, Daphne has started teething, making my sweet angel a grumpy mess. She's constantly drooling, and loves to chew on her fists. :( I've been Orajel-ing her, and giving her the pacifier, but she ends up spitting it out and going back to gnawing on her hands. She's our little baby zombie. :) I see no signs of teeth, so if she's anything like Charly, she'll be like this for another month or so before those teeth actually break through. Wish me luck!

Daphne Elizabeth on her 4 month birthday. :)
Charly lost another tooth. Thank goodness! It was definitely a snaggle tooth! At least now, her teeth are a little more even. :) The teeth losing stage is definitely a goofy stage...but she's still a beautiful girl! HOWEVER...Charly FORGOT to inform her Mother and Father that she plucked the tooth out, when she was supposed to be sleeping, and just put it under her pillow. In the morning, she told me that she lost it, and went looking for the money. Much to everyone's surprise, there was no money, or tooth. So, at this point, she's in tears. How could the tooth fairy just take the tooth, and not pay her for it!?! That's stealing! So, I tell Charly to go downstairs, and Mom will come to the rescue to see if the tooth fairy had to place the money somewhere else! Well, I found the money! PHEW! It was waiting for her on the window sill. :) We came to the conclusion that after the tooth fairy gathered Charly's tooth, Charly must have moved her head, making it impossible for the tooth fairy to get the money under the pillow. And, since she didn't have a pen or paper, she had to put it on the sill and HOPE that Charly found it. Good thing Mom has lost teeth before, and knew where to start looking. ;) So, crisis averted, and Charly was happy to announce that she got 8 quarters! O my!
Charly Reanna...those 2 front teeth are gone,
but the permanent ones are quickly coming in. :)



 Kenna...well, she's Kenna. Her new favorite toy is the beans from Charly's bean bag chair. I have another update on that (that's a long post!), so maybe tomorrow! But, let's just say she's found the zipper about 10 times in the last 48 hours! Oh yeah! She's about to be grounded from the dang chairs! LOL! She's my loveable, crazy, wild child, Kenna. :) Couldn't imagine her any other way!
Kenna Merrin striking a pose. :)


Well, good night! I'll be back tomorrow, to fill you in on the beans. :) Thank goodness my sister and brother in law got me a camera for Christmas, so I have proof of all their craziness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment