Monday, February 20, 2012

My craftiness in all it's glory...

For those of you that really know me, you know I'm a very logical person. Creativity does NOT come easily. I try and try, but it just does not happen. It stinks, but it's who I am. Well, I decided that since I'm home with the girls, I'm going to continue to push my crafty meter, into new territory, and get moving on some cute projects. Well, that wasn't working...so I joined pinterest. What a fabulous concept!! It has really taken my craftiness to a whole new level. :) And, I don't have to figure it all out for myself, just tweak someone else's idea. :)
I made a menu board this week. It was so unbelievably easy! I went to Michael's craft store, armed with my 50% off coupon and my 25% off frames coupon...not sure which one I'll need. I go all the way to the back, and find a cute frame, is a collage frame. I find one that has black frames (like the art I have framed in my kitchen), and it has 8 frames. It's PERFECT! I saw it, and swear I hear everyone in the store break out into "Hallelujah". The best part...it's 50% off! It was originally $29.99. So, now it's only $14.99. YAY! I get that and some scrapbook letters (so I can label each frame, to know what day of the week it is). They are also 50% off, so they're only $3.49. YAY! I finally get up to the counter (the line was so long...they must have been having an awesome sale, because I haven't seen that many people in that store, since Christmas!). I get to use my 25% off coupon on the frames, because it included sale items, so the $29.99 frame is now only $11.24. AWESOME!
So, I get home, and decided I wasn't going to wait to do this, because if I did, it wasn't going to happen. So, I get crackin'. I go upstairs and dig through my scrapbook pages. I found some cute striped papers...same pattern, 4 different colors. And, I find some cute flower papers, same pattern and same 4 colors as the striped stuff. Cute...spring is on it's way, and these are definitely spring colors. Alright...so, I cut the papers into a 4 x 6 size. On one page, I printed "The Menu" on the front of it, and framed it. First frame done...and super easy. Next, I took each of the papers, and my scrapbook letters. I abbreviated each day of the week (Mon., Tue., etc) and attached one 'day' to each sheet. Then, I framed them in the order I wanted them. Ta da! It's perfect! I hung it up, in my kitchen, above the table. Then, I took my dry erase marker and wrote on the glass, exactly what we're going to have each day.
The one thing I love about this project, is that I can change the papers out, with the holidays, and seasons. It was so easy, and super effective. Now, it will help ease any 'what's for dinner' woes. It also will help in my couponing. :) Yes, I am one of 'those people'. If I know what I'm making for the week, I can keep an eye out for coupons, and sales. :) Woo Hoo! It's a win win! I'm very excited. Hopefully, I can keep this craftiness up, and post all my projects. :)

I must say, as the cook, Friday is my FAVORITE day! :) Happy craftin' everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment