Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh me, Oh my!

So, Kenna, my 2 year old, has issues saying the first letter of some of her words. She has the hang of CH, because her sister is Charly, and S sounds are easy, like Sissy. But, the wretched K is just not working. So, my Kenna, is now known as Enna. :) That's cute!

Well...Kenna LOVES to wear sunglasses. She thinks they are magical, I swear. She has some with blue lenses and some with green, and some that are regular sunglasses. So, one day, we're out and about, and she starts freaking out, because she wanted her sunglasses on. Low and behold, this child cannot say the first part of the word glasses. Imagine glasses - the GL. Oh my! She just said "Enna's Asses!" Well, we're in PUBLIC, so I start repeating her, saying Kenna's glasses, hunny. You have to say GLasses! She just keeps yelling ASSES, like she's calling all these people around her names! Hurry escape! RUN! Months later, and we now have basses. I'll take it! LOL!

Well...I have one better than that! We were in Orlando, over Christmas (as you know from my catch up post), and we decided to take the girls to Disney World. Well, my husband has talked and talked about the castle, calling it Mickey's Castle. Miss Enna was SO excited! She talked about Mickey and Minnie for weeks before we actually left for the trip. We are driving into the parking area at Disney. And, for those of you that have been there before, know there's a large 'gate' that you have to pay for your parking. So, we're in one of the lines, and above the 'gate' there is a scroll that goes across the entire road, with Mickey and friends, and a picture of the castle. I guess she thought that was all we were going to see, because once we got through the gate, and were zipping to the parking lot, she starts screaming! "No Daddy, No! Mickey's Astle!" That's right, say it out loud, now! ASTLE...be careful not to put an H sound in there, or you've jumped into a 'bad word'. Well, my husband immediately starts busting out laughing! He keeps getting her to say it, and laughs harder and harder each time she says it! Then, my 6 year old turns to him, and says "Daddy, you only think it's funny, because you think she's saying a bad word!" LOL! That only makes my husband laugh harder!! Well, 2 months later, it's still Mickey's Astle! And, she'll proudly announce that she went there, to anyone listening! LOL! However, even though we really need this kiddo to get the C/K sound down, it's still funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment